Items 1-24 of 43
- CP Clare & Co. - HGRM52112S05 - Relay Mercury Wetted Reed Relay, Contacts SPDT 100VA, 3V Coil.Special Price $34.98 Regular Price $120.00 As low as $28.98READY TO SHIP - ONLY 40 LEFT IN STOCK!
CP Clare & Co. - HGRM52112S05 Relay Mercury Wetted Contacts Reed Relay, SPDT 100VA, 3V Coil.
Relay, Mercury Hg.
Form: C, Bistable
Contact Ratings: 100VA.
Coil Winding: Bifilar.
Coil Voltage: 3 V Typical, 5 V Max.
Coil Resistance: 26 Ohm.
Current: 5 Amps
Switching Frequency: 200 Hz
Operating Temperature: -38 C to 85 C
Mech Mtg: PCB, Unshielded.
Size: 1.61x 0.565 x 0.435" high.
Weight: 15 Grams
Note: Mercury Wetted. Signaaling.
UL Recognized, CSA certification, FCC68 CompatibleLearn More
- CP Clare & Co. - HGJ2MT54211P02 - Relay Mercury Wetted contacts DPDT 100VA-24VDCSpecial Price $34.98 Regular Price $148.50 As low as $28.98IN STOCK - MORE THAN 100 READY TO SHIP!
CP Clare & Co. - HGJ2MT54211P02
Relay, Mercury Hg.
Contact Ratings: 100VA.
Coil Voltage: 24VDC.
Coil Resistance: 1400 Ohm.
Mech Mtg: PCB, shielded.
Size: 1.6 x 1.0 x 0.4" high.
Weight: 0.8 oz.
Note: Mercury wetted. High sensitivity. Singe-sided stable, 1mS response.Learn More
- CP CLARE & Co. - HGSR-51111-T01 - Relay, Mercury Wetted Contacts. Coil: 24VDC 2600 Ohm.Special Price $49.98 Regular Price $149.99IN STOCK - MORE THAN 100 READY TO SHIP!
- Unidentified MFG - 159-157-RA1 - Relay, Reed. SPDT Mercury Hg-Wetted, Form C,Special Price $5.98 Regular Price $7.50 As low as $3.98IN STOCK - MORE THAN 1,000 READY TO SHIP!
159-157-RA1 Relay, Reed. Mercury Hg-Wetted, Form C.
The mercury-wetted contact relay represents one of the more sophisticated types of relays made today. The early pioneer work in mercury-wetted contact switching dates back to the 1950’s, as telephone laboratory scientists sought out the “perfect contact”.
Reed relays use an external electromagnet to control the reed switch. The contacts are of magnetic material and the electromagnet acts directly on them without requiring an armature to move them. Sealed in a glass tube, the contacts are protected from corrosion. Mercury-wetted relays are fast in operation and have relatively good load carrying capacity and long life. The mercury films are reestablished at each contact closure and contact erosion is eliminated. The mercury films are stretchable, there is no contact bounce and because it is a mercury contact, the contact resistance is very low and idea for low level switching applications.
A mercury-wetted reed relay is a form of reed relay that employs a mercury switch, in which the contacts are wetted with mercury. Mercury reduces the contact resistance and mitigates the associated voltage drop. For high-speed applications, the mercury eliminates contact bounce, and provides virtually instantaneous circuit closure. Mercury wetted relays are position-sensitive and must be mounted according to the manufacturer's specifications. Because of the toxicity and expense of liquid mercury, these relays have increasingly fallen into disuse.
The high speed of switching action of the mercury-wetted relay is a notable advantage. The mercury globules on each contact coalesce, and the current rise time through the contacts is generally considered to be a few picoseconds. However, in a practical circuit it may be limited by the inductance of the contacts and wiring. It was quite common, before restrictions on the use of mercury, to use a mercury-wetted relay in the laboratory as a convenient means of generating fast rise time pulses, however although the rise time may be picoseconds, the exact timing of the event is, like all other types of relay, subject to considerable jitter, possibly milliseconds, due to mechanical imperfections. The only major weakness of a mercury wetted contact relay is the necessity to mount the relay within 30° of a vertical position, due to its position sensitivity.
Type: Form C
Switched Load Rating: 2 Amp, 500 Volts Max, 100 VA Maximum
Carry Load Rating: 5 Amp
Contact Resistance: 14 Milliohms Typical, 20 Milliohms Max.
Packaging: Under High Pressure in Glass Capsules.
Approximate Dimensions 5.8mm D x 38mm Long. (0.225" X 1.5")
Life Expectancy: 1 billion operations minimum at rated load.
Note: Mercury Hg-Wetted.
Danger - High Pressure Glass Capsule- Handle with Care - User assumes responsibility and competency to handle this item.Learn More
- TE Connectivity Potter & Brumfield AMF - JM2-106-21 - Relay, Mercury. Contacts: DPDT.Special Price $189.98 Regular Price $269.88
TE Connectivity Potter & Brumfield AMF - JM2-106-21 Relay, Mercury.
Coil: 130/140 Ohm.
Electrical Configuration: DPDT-5A.
Contacts utilize standard bridging form D Make-before-Break.
Operating temperature range: -38C to +105degC.
Body: 1.5 x 4".
Connection: 8 pin octal.
Proudly Made in USA
Alternate: Clare HG2A-1042-2A1Learn More
- Littelfuse HAMLIN - MM972C190002 - Relay, Mercury Wetted. DPDT.Special Price $24.98 Regular Price $32.50
- C.P. Clare&Co - HGS1033 - SPDT Mercury Wetted Relay - two coil$77.89
- C.P. Clare&Co - HG4A1011 - 24VDC 4PDT Mercury Wetted Relay 4PDTSpecial Price $398.98 Regular Price $650.00
C.P. Clare & Co - HG4A1011 - 4PDT 24VDC
Mercury Wetted-Contact Relay
14 Pin Round Plug-in Base
Overall Length: 3.930 inches nominal
Mounting Facility Type and Quantity: 3 threaded stud single mounting facility
Duty Type: Continuous
New Old Stock
Note: Retail over $1200Learn More
- ADAMS AND WESTLAKE - AWCM-26642T - DPDT 12-63VDC Mercury-wetted Dual Coils$19.95
- Gordos/Crouzet - 847C5 - Relay, Mercury. SPDT 1A 24VDC.Special Price $6.98 Regular Price $8.00 As low as $2.98IN STOCK - MORE THAN 1,000 READY TO SHIP!
Gordos/Crouzet - 847C5 Relay, Mercury.
Mercury-wetted contact relays consist of glass-encapsulated reed with its base immersed in a pool of mercury and the other end capable of moving between one or two stationary contact. ... The mercury films are reestablished at each contact closure and contact erosion is eliminated.
SPDT 1A 24VDC.
Package: 6 Dip.
Connection: 6 pin.
Note: Mercury wetted.
NSN: 5945-01-280-5093Learn More
- CLARE - CH5TN-1005 - 5PST-1Amp Mercury Reed Relay 2 N.O., 3 N.C.Special Price $21.95 Regular Price $29.95
- Adams and Westlake - MW-2617-12 - Relay, mercury. DPDT. Used.$44.95
- Potter & Brumfield - JML-1260-81 - Non-Bridging Mercury-wetted SPDT$189.75
- TE Connectivity Potter & Brumfield AMF - JM1-119-11 - Make-Before-Break Mercury RelaySpecial Price $169.98 Regular Price $250.00
TE Connectivity Potter & Brumfield AMF - JM1-119-11 - Make-Before-Break Mercury Relay
Single-capsule Single-4000-Ohm coil "Rare long life, high speed and unvarying dependability are the results of this hermetically sealed glass capsule, which contains a Small reservoir of Mercury sealed in a high pressure Hydrogen atmosphere. Contacts utioize standard Bridging Form D MAKE-BEFORE-BREAK arrangement.
Contacts: SPDT Form D
Coil: 4000 Ohms
Coil Turns: 23,400 Turns
Actuate Current: <8.1Ma
Max. Voltage: (@35C): 89.5
Octal Plug-In Base
Life>; 1,000,000 Cycles
Rare - Very diificult to find component.
Proudly Made in USALearn More
- CLARE - HGSM5028 - SPDT 650-ohm coil Mercury wetted relays sealed New$49.99
- CLARE - HG2A1004 - DPDT Mercury wetted contact Relay$69.88
- C.P. Clare & Co - HG2A1001 - Relay, HG-Wetted. DPDT.Special Price $148.98 Regular Price $185.00
- C.P. Clare&Co - HG2A1007 - New Mercury Relays DPDT octal, metal.Special Price $95.99 Regular Price $129.00
- Western Electric - 276G - Relay. SPDT mercury wetted.$25.00