- Unidentified MFG - 159-157-RA1 - Relay, Reed. SPDT Mercury Hg-Wetted, Form C,Special Price $5.98 Regular Price $7.50 As low as $3.98IN STOCK - MORE THAN 1,000 READY TO SHIP!
159-157-RA1 Relay, Reed. Mercury Hg-Wetted, Form C.
The mercury-wetted contact relay represents one of the more sophisticated types of relays made today. The early pioneer work in mercury-wetted contact switching dates back to the 1950’s, as telephone laboratory scientists sought out the “perfect contact”.
Reed relays use an external electromagnet to control the reed switch. The contacts are of magnetic material and the electromagnet acts directly on them without requiring an armature to move them. Sealed in a glass tube, the contacts are protected from corrosion. Mercury-wetted relays are fast in operation and have relatively good load carrying capacity and long life. The mercury films are reestablished at each contact closure and contact erosion is eliminated. The mercury films are stretchable, there is no contact bounce and because it is a mercury contact, the contact resistance is very low and idea for low level switching applications.
A mercury-wetted reed relay is a form of reed relay that employs a mercury switch, in which the contacts are wetted with mercury. Mercury reduces the contact resistance and mitigates the associated voltage drop. For high-speed applications, the mercury eliminates contact bounce, and provides virtually instantaneous circuit closure. Mercury wetted relays are position-sensitive and must be mounted according to the manufacturer's specifications. Because of the toxicity and expense of liquid mercury, these relays have increasingly fallen into disuse.
The high speed of switching action of the mercury-wetted relay is a notable advantage. The mercury globules on each contact coalesce, and the current rise time through the contacts is generally considered to be a few picoseconds. However, in a practical circuit it may be limited by the inductance of the contacts and wiring. It was quite common, before restrictions on the use of mercury, to use a mercury-wetted relay in the laboratory as a convenient means of generating fast rise time pulses, however although the rise time may be picoseconds, the exact timing of the event is, like all other types of relay, subject to considerable jitter, possibly milliseconds, due to mechanical imperfections. The only major weakness of a mercury wetted contact relay is the necessity to mount the relay within 30° of a vertical position, due to its position sensitivity.
Type: Form C
Switched Load Rating: 2 Amp, 500 Volts Max, 100 VA Maximum
Carry Load Rating: 5 Amp
Contact Resistance: 14 Milliohms Typical, 20 Milliohms Max.
Packaging: Under High Pressure in Glass Capsules.
Approximate Dimensions 5.8mm D x 38mm Long. (0.225" X 1.5")
Life Expectancy: 1 billion operations minimum at rated load.
Note: Mercury Hg-Wetted.
Danger - High Pressure Glass Capsule- Handle with Care - User assumes responsibility and competency to handle this item.Learn More
- HAMLIN - MRR-2-185 - Normally Open, Magnetic Reed SwitchSpecial Price $5.98 Regular Price $8.50 As low as $3.98
HAMLIN - MRR-2-185 - Normally Open Magnetc Reed Switch
SPST - NO
Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 125°C
Current – Carry: 1.5A (DC)
Voltage - Switching DC: 200 V
Operate Time: 0.75 ms
Release Time: 0.3 ms
Capacitance: 0.2 pF
Overall 2.25" Long
Switch Body 3/4"
10W 750mA (DC) Through Hole
New Old Stock
NSN 5930-01-249-7412Learn More
- Unidentified MFG - 3-520 - Switch, reed. Normally open (NO).Special Price $1.98 Regular Price $3.00
- Unidentified MFG - 3-069 - Keyboard Switch. Anti-Bounce with Cap. Package of 4.Special Price $2.49 Regular Price $3.50 As low as $1.98
- Unidentified MFG - 3-570 - Normally Closed REED SwitchSpecial Price $0.98 Regular Price $1.50READY TO SHIP - ONLY 50 LEFT IN STOCK!
- COTO - FR2335 - Switch, reed.Special Price $1.19 Regular Price $1.50 As low as $0.79
- MICRO SWITCH - 20FR5-6B - N.C. Magnet Actuated REED SWITCH$45.00
- Hasco - P1291-12 - Switch, reed. Normally open.Special Price $0.98 Regular Price $1.50 As low as $0.79
Hasco - P1291-12 Switch, Reed.
The reed switch is an electrical switch operated by an applied magnetic field. The contacts are normally open, closing when a magnetic field is present. A reed switch can be said to require zero power to operate it.
Package: Glass Envelope.
Dimensions: 0.7" (1.7mm) D x 0.377" (9.5mm) long.Learn More
- TYCO/ALCOSWITCH - MSPM-101CDX - Switch, pushbutton. SPST NO magnetic reed.$29.99Switch, pushbutton. Contacts: SPST NO. Contact Ratings: 100VDC 100mA 10 watt (max) resistive only. Actuator: momentary. Connection: Two (2) turret post connections. Mech: Panel mount. Body: Approximately 0.530" D x 0.566" deep, behind panel. Hermetically sealed. Note: Small red actuator. No actual knob as seen in Alco MSPM-101CSDX. Magnetic reed switch. Learn More
- Hasco - D-1348-05 - Switch, reed. Glass envelope. N.O.$1.99
- HAMLIN - MDRR-4-1722 - Glass Reed Switch, SPST, NOSpecial Price $3.98 Regular Price $4.00 As low as $2.49
HAMLIN - MDRR-4-1722 - Reed Switch Glass Capsule, Two Ferromagnetic Nickel-Iron Wires.
The two wires are formed into "reeds" by flattening one end. The reed ends are carefully aligned with a small overlap and then permanently sealed inside the glass capsule. The overlap or contact area of the reeds is coated with special metals such as ruthenium. The nickel-iron leads are tin plated so that they can be soldered.
- Hermetically sealed switch contacts are not affected by and have no effect on their external environment
- Can be used as changeover or normally closed contact
- Zero operating power required for contact closure
- Excellent for switching micro-controller logic level loads
A miniature changeover switch with a 14.73mm long x 2.54mm diameter (0.580" x 0.100") glass envelope.
The Reed Body Measures 0.580" Long. 0.100" Diameter Length with leads is Approximately 1.60" Long
Note: Hamlin Products are now Littelfuse products.
Note: Price is for 1 Glass Reed Switch
- Position sensing
- Industrial controls
- Office equipment
- Home appliances
- MICRO SWITCH - 20FR1-6 SPNO, 400V, 1.0A, 15W.Special Price $169.98 Regular Price $250.00
- MICRO SWITCH - 20FR5-6 SPNC, 500V, 1.5A, 20W.Special Price $169.98 Regular Price $250.00READY TO SHIP - ONLY 1 LEFT IN STOCK!
- Hasco - W0207 / W0407 - Switch, reed. Magnetic. New.$4.99IN STOCK - MORE THAN 1,000 READY TO SHIP!
- Meder Electronics - KSK-1A71/4-BV50822 - Switch, reed. 1Amp NO. New.$0.50IN STOCK - MORE THAN 100 READY TO SHIP!
Switch, reed. 1Amp NO. Case: glass envelope. Dimensions: 0.1" D x 0.625" long. New. More info: http://www.meder.com/fileadmin/meder/pdf/en/Products/Reed_Switches/Reed_Switch_1A71-6.pdfLearn More
- MICRO SWITCH - 20FR1-6B - SPNO, 400V, 1.0A, 15W.Special Price $169.98 Regular Price $250.00
- MEDER ELECTRONICS - KSK-1A71/7- BV143 - Switch, reed. NO Magnetic.$0.50